Wednesday, July 21, 2010

London Walking

July 21, 2010

Just a quick post to catch up on my explorations today; I’ve absolutely loved walking around London and today was no exception. I had a couple of goals: find a post office, buy tea at the Twinings shop on Fleet St., find a Boots and most of all continue to use walking to fulfill my curiosity and bring deepen my understanding of London. Let me say that these walks and again today was no exception often take me always take me somewhere new and at least a little unexpected – of course this is my first time – but also give me the reassurance of glimpsing something I know – like the glimpse around a corner (and of course up) of St. Paul’s, coming around the bend in a narrow road and there’s Trafalgar’s Square or seeing the sign post for Southwark St. (I can now pronounce this correctly even in my head as I write). So today I found St. James Park, was on the Mall leading to Buckingham Palace and got a sense of the geographical relationship of Westminister and Buckingham Palace – all on a beautiful, sunny London day. And of course I ended in with a brisk stroll along the Thames. Even got a photo with Jack Sparrow – that’s for Gus and Dylan which I try to insert in the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment